Wednesday 23 February 2011

'Glee'-Cap: Rachel Berry Drives Us To Drink

For our musical recap of the 'Blame It on the Alcohol' episode, we got really into the spirit of things.
By Jim Cantiello


Dot-Marie Jones and Matthew Morrison on "Glee" Tuesday night
Photo: FOX

This week's "Glee" seems to have inspired a one-man party here in the MTV Newsroom. After Rachel's wild party, our own Jim Cantiello seems to have hit the sauce and, well, to quote Jamie Foxx, if you can't follow along with this song, blame it on the alcohol.

Rachel Berry's dads left her alone in a big empty house.
They're off on Rosie's gay cruise.
Her songwriting sucks, she says, "Aw shucks, I live like a church mouse;
It's time for me to drink some booze."

They play Spin the Bottle,
Rachel and Blaine kiss.
His loins start to throttle,
Does it mean he's into misses?

Kurt freaks out 'cause his buddy who's out
Now might be bi or living a lie.
Again their lips lock, now he's sober and shocked
Confirms that he's gay, no vagina any day!

It's Alcohol Awareness,
Such unfairness!
Teachers are hypocrites, getting sloppy and
sh--faced on their nights off.
Will and Beiste's honky tonk!
Tries to chase Emma's tail,
But leaves Sue a voicemail.

I started drinking tonight because "Glee" taught me that it's alright
And now I want another pour.
[guzzle guzzle, burp]
Like Rachel, Sam and all the gang, I drank everything in sight.
I'm so trashed I want to dance just like Thom Yorke.

[Footage goes black and white. Jim, in a fancy hat, twitches around the office à la Radiohead's "Lotus Flower" video.]

" 'Glee' inspires kids to join choirs,"
Said Ryan Murphy to the press.
Until minute 55, drinking was glorified,
Forgot about those 7-year-olds, I guess.

Rachel hits the sauce
Like she's livin' with the Hoff.
She sneaks in liquor
Glee kids get sicker.
[Jim is increasingly inebriated, wobbly and emotional.]
I puke when I hear Ke$ha too.
I don't know what to do,
I'm so frickin' drunk
And my favorite show's in a funk. The stories are crazy,
But one-liners save the day.
... Hold me ...

Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-lcohol,
I blame it on the writers o-o-o-o-on call,
Wish they would reca-a-a-a-all
How to enthra-a-a-a-all.

[Jim is totally sloshed, just rhyming stupid things now.]

Shopping ma-a-a-a-a-ll
Urban spra-a-a-a-awl
Montrea-a-a-a-al
City ha-a-a-[yawn]-all
Bocce ba-a-a-all.

Related Videos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658521/glee-recap.jhtml

Beyounce Justin Bieber Dancing with the Stars Lindsey Lohan Paris Hilton Charlie Sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.