Thursday 24 February 2011

Alex Da Kid Talks About Skylar Grey's Debut Album

'I Need a Doctor' singer's project will be first release on producer's new label, he tells 'RapFix Live.'
By Jayson Rodriguez, with reporting by Sway Calloway


Alex Da Kid in a Skpe interview Thursday
Photo: MTV News

Alex Da Kid and Skylar Grey have a proven track record, from their work together on Eminem's chart-topper "Love the Way You Lie" and current hits "Words I Never Said" by Lupe Fiasco and "I Need a Doctor" by Dr. Dre.

Now the duo -- he, a producer and she, a songwriter -- are teaming up to work on Grey's debut album. The still-untitled project will be the first release on the British import's new label.

"I'm working on Skylar's project, and I'm really excited about that," he said during Thursday's (February 24) Dr. Dre edition of "RapFix Live." "She's the first artist signed to my label. I'm just wrapping up my label situation right now, and that's my main focus."

Alex Da Kid also has credits working with B.o.B and Paramore ("Airplanes"), Nicki Minaj ("Massive Attack") and T.I. ("Castle Walls"); Grey penned the chorus for each track.

"It's just a creative experience being in the studio with different people," Grey said of the pair's work. "I'm not from the hip-hop world, but I think that's what works for the sound that we got: the combination of the alternative chorus mixed with the hip-hop verses."

Although he has hopes to work across various genres and has been in the studio with artists as varied as Rob Thomas and Rihanna, ADK said he wants to make sure he doesn't spread himself too thin.

"I definitely want to take one thing at a time," he said. "I don't want to overload and work with everyone and dilute my sound. I want to fully focus on everything that I do. So that's the next thing on the list."

What do you think of Alex and Skylar's collabos so far? Let us know in the comments!

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658694/alex-da-kid-talks-about-skylar-greys-debut-album.jhtml

malinda sapp Taylor swift Greg Biffle Fantasia Barrino Katy Perry eminem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.