Wednesday 30 March 2011

'Sucker Punch' Stars Take A Journey 'Into Zack Snyder's Mind'

Vanessa Hudgens, Jena Malone, Emily Browning, Jamie Chung and Abbie Cornish reveal their favorite scenes.
By Kara Warner


Vanessa Hudgens in "Sucker Punch"
Photo: Warner Bros.

After months and months of buzz, rumors and hype, Zack Snyder's "Sucker Punch" is finally about to drop in theaters. MTV News has been on this film's case from day one and recently had the opportunity to catch up with the cast and director for a few in-depth chats.

First up, the lovely leading ladies addressed the film's most outrageous moments.

"I think, for me, when we're on the B-25 bomber plane and we're being chased by a dragon and I'm shooting at it," said Vanessa Hudgens, who plays Blondie. "It's pretty intense."

"I got to do this really fun green-screen moment where I was being lowered upside down on a harness 40 feet in the air," Jena Malone, a.k.a. Rocket in the film, explained. "I had to clear out my mag on my UMP [Universal Machine Pistol] while I was shooting all these robots that I was doing a double-flip over in the middle of a bullet train."

Jamie Chung, who plays Amber, added that part of the fun of working with green screen, particularly a scene in Mecca, was being able to use your imagination. When asked what she pulled from or where she went to prepare for those moments, Chung said she looked to her director.

"Into Zack Snyder's mind," she said. "That was the place that I went."

Emily Browning (Baby Doll) and Abbie Cornish (Sweet Pea) also touted the fight or "dance" sequences as the most unbelievable.

"My favorite thing to watch with my character is probably the first fight scene in Samurai world," Browning said. "People have said to me, 'Oh, so were you just standing there and there was a green screen and they made you look like you were jumping?' I said, 'No, I was on wires the whole time' jumping up and doing crazy things. We did almost a month of wirework at the end of the film. That's pretty cool to see. It's almost like a character in a video game or something."

"I definitely do love a lot of the fighting stuff," Cornish said. "For me the process of filming 'World War I' [an action sequence in the film] was incredible, because we all had solo action pieces so we got to indulge in those action pieces."

Cornish pointed out Snyder's use of high-speed cameras that were used to slow certain movements and make them stand out more onscreen.

"I love the moments where you see Vanessa's character flip her tomahawk and then that awesome throw that she does," she said. "And when Jenna flips her gun in slow motion, I love that stuff."

"That's probably the coolest moment," Browning agreed.

Check out everything we've got on "Sucker Punch."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1660641/sucker-punch-vanessa-hudgens.jhtml

Jonas brothers Beyounce Justin Bieber Dancing with the Stars Lindsey Lohan Paris Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.