Friday 25 November 2011

Avril Lavigne Will Be 'Bundled Up' For Macy's Parade

Goodbye Lullaby singer will perform 'Wish You Were Here' on Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, also featuring Daniel Radcliffe.
By Jocelyn Vena


Avril Lavigne
Photo: MTV News

Avril Lavigne will join the likes of Cee Lo Green, "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" star Daniel Radcliffe, Mary J. Blige and Cobra Starship for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, airing live, as you might expect, on Turkey Day Thursday. The Goodbye Lullaby singer stopped by the MTV News offices to tease fans about what to expect from her come show day.

"I'm going to be performing on a float and singing my new single 'Wish You Were Here,' and I am planning on being very bundled up," she said, laughing. "And I've never performed in a parade before. Actually, I've been in a parade: I used to be a highland dancer in my hometown growing up, so I did stuff like that.

"I'm singing full on on a float — it's gonna be cool," she added. "New York right now, it's so pretty, and everyone's super getting into the holiday season, so I'm excited. I'm really happy to be a part of it."

A native Canadian, Lavigne already celebrated her country's Thanksgiving last month, but loves the chance to double up on the holiday once November rolls around.

"I'm Canadian, and our Canadian Thanksgiving is a month before yours," she said. "But I live here [in the U.S.], so I celebrate both. I do Thanksgiving twice a year, and it really depends on where I'm traveling and where I'm at, but I'm going to celebrate it this year, and I'm in the States. And I was with my family in Canada this year [for Canadian Thanksgiving], and we're gonna definitely do the whole friends and family sit-down, pig-out Thanksgiving."

Lavigne shared some dishes she likes to fill up on: "I like the potatoes. I like doing squash. If I ever cook it, I like doing butternut squash with rosemary. Sometimes you put brown sugar on it, if you want to be bad, and maple syrup, if you really want to be really bad. Butternut squash and stuffing."

Will you be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday? Share your plans below!

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1674925/avril-lavigne-thanksgiving-day-parade.jhtml

Blagojevich Jessica Simpson Jonas brothers Beyounce Justin Bieber Dancing with the Stars Lindsey Lohan