Wednesday 31 August 2011

Oscar De La Hoya Admits to Cocaine Use, Thoughts of Suicide


In a new interview with Univision, former boxer Oscar De La Hoya has opened up about the depth of his personal issues, which culminated this spring in a trip to rehab.

"Rock bottom was recently," De La Hoya said, according to an English-language transcript provided by the network. "Within couple of years, just thinking if my life was even worth it. I don't have the strength, I don't have the courage to take my own life but I was thinking about it."

Pic of Oscar De La Hoya

De La Hoya says he's been sober for three months and admits, yes, he was unfaithful to his wife. However: "We are obviously not talking a Tiger Woods here."

Known as The Golden Boy during his time in the ring, De La Hoya retired in 2009 after a 16-year career and 10 world titles. He's worked as a promoter in the sport since.

"There were drugs, my drug of choice was cocaine and alcohol. Cocaine was recent. The last 2 years, last 2 1/2 years and I depended more in the alcohol than the cocaine," De La Hoya said. "It took me to a place where I felt safe, it took me to a place where I felt as if nobody can say anything to me, it took me to a place where I just can reach out and grab my mom."

The athlete says he's joined Alcoholic Anonymous.

[Photo: WENN.com]

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/08/oscar-de-la-hoya-admits-to-cocaine-use-thoughts-of-suicide/

Katy Perry eminem Lebron James Spencer Pratt Heidi Montag Pauly Shore Karissa Shannon