Sunday 30 January 2011

Britney Spears Is A 'Tigress' In 'Hold It Against Me' Video, Choreographer Says

'I love nudity,' Brian Friedman teases about Jonas Åkerlund-directed clip.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Matt Elias


Britney Spears
Photo: Jeremy Cowart/ WireImage

Sure, details are limited on what the Jonas Åkerlund-directed video for Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me" is going to look like, but when Brit's choreographer, Brian Friedman, sat down with MTV News, he teased some scintillating details about the video.

"I didn't necessarily have pressure with this — it was more excitement," he said of working with the pop diva again. "I haven't been with Britney in five years on a project, so it was excitement to be back with her. It was excitement to get her dancing really hard again 'cause she's had a couple of years where she's been dancing different styles of dance and it hasn't been me.

"It's not necessarily that she hasn't been dancing, it hasn't been what I get from her, and what I seem to get from her is this tigress quality," he continued. "And she prowls. She really dominates when she does my choreography, and that's what I wanted to get back. Excited yes, scared no."

Shot over two days last weekend, the video shows Spears in a look she tweeted from the set. The preview pic, a lo-res photo, shows Spears from the shoulders up, standing with her back to the camera and her face turned toward it. The singer is in a red outfit, surrounded by a wreath of microphones.

While Friedman danced around any specific details about the clip, he did share that the video will have 10 male dancers. He also told us his favorite part: "I love nudity," he teased.

"I can tell you that Britney is wearing a couple of hats in this video — not literal hats, but she's playing roles in this video. That is what I can give you," he explained. "In every role, she is dancing. She is going to be dancing throughout the whole video. Like I said: Dance is the focal point of this video."

He also teased a bit about the costumes: "She's taking fashion risks. Things we've never seen her wear before she's wearing in this video, and I think it's just very sexy and it's a little bit playful," he added. "She's going to be doing something in this video that we've never seen her do. I'm not gonna tell you what that is but she's going to be sweating and she's going to be getting bruised and battered."

What are you expecting from the "Hold It Against Me" video? Share your predictions below!

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1656879/britney-spears-hold-it-against-me.jhtml

Kevin Harvick Blagojevich Jessica Simpson Jonas brothers Beyounce Justin Bieber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.